Its hard to think about what I am actually grateful for these days. With being so stressed out all the time all I can do is think about the things that make me upset or unhappy. I really have to think hard about what I have in my life that makes me happy which of course should not be that hard but as I have said before my life is pretty much perfect. This is definitely something new for me but through my research I have seen and heard that listing what you are truly grateful for will help you train your brain to acknowledge the good over the negative.
So far through my journey I have given myself a solid top 5 things I am grateful for and will try and add to that list at least once a week. I want to share this with you in the hopes that this will inspire someone to do the same including some of my family members. It feels refreshing to me to focus on the good, the good is what will help heal our souls. Here is my top 5 list……..
- My children. My girls are absolutely amazing kids. Without them I really don’t think our family would have survived the last few years. They take on so much responsibility as Steve and I are rarely home because of our jobs. I am grateful for not only that but the joy they give me. They are so smart, funny, well spoken, responsible, caring girls and they inspire me everyday to be better. They are my rock and I am the most grateful mother in the world because of them.
- My Fiance. We got engaged on December 24th 2019. We have been together for just shy of 5 years and he is the most amazing man I could have ever asked for. He treats our family with the utmost respect. He provides for us and never questions what we need. He breathed life into me and I will be forever grateful for him and what he means to our family.
- My parents. I have 3 amazing parents. My dad, my mom and my stepdad. They have all raised me to be the person I am today. I may not think I am worthy or a good person and even though I am going through this rough patch in my life I know they shaped me well enough to get through this and anything life has in store for me. I am forever grateful for my parents.
- My friends. I have had the most amazing friends my whole life. The kind that stick by you through everything. The good, the bad and the ugly. These people I would do anything for. The times I’ve needed them by my side are more than I could ever count but they are always there to lean on. I am forever grateful for my friends.
- My life. This one is a hard one for me. What I mean by that is I am happy and grateful to be alive. I may need to work on some things but being alive is something that means more to me than most I think. There has been a lot of death in my life the past few years and the thought of anyone else or myself dying is a huge fear of mine. I’ll dive more deep into this in another post as I also want to share that with you when I am ready but for now I am just grateful to be alive and to be here with my family every day.
This list consists of building blocks for me. If I can get up everyday and at least be grateful for those 5 things I am on the right path to start my journey.
Tell me some of what you are grateful for, inspire me…..